Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Update!

Man, life just seems to fly by without any resistance. I haven't updated in a long time, so I am doing it today. Better late, than never.

Philip-He is getting so big! He is at my chin level. I cannot imagine how my little string bean can get so tall! He is forever coming up with funny ideas and loves reading comics. I can't tell you how many Family Circus or Zits I have read that just crack him up. Yesterday, I was running my daily errand to Sonic, and I received a text from him which said,"I've got a thing for mechanics" Made me laugh....and wonder what he was doing with mechanics while I was not at home!!

Jayden-He is getting big too!! He still tries his best to please all those around him, excluding his siblings. He loves drawing pictures and making up stories. He has quite an imagination. It has been interesting with the kids doing a fundraiser-more on that in a bit-that he is big enough to walk around the neighborhood selling. I remember when he used to sneak out the front door during quiet time, me taking full advantage and napping, and try to walk to Grandma's house. Luckily, a nice lady brought him home. How did she know where he lived, you might ask. He told her the red house. Our house is NOT red, but the trim is....LOL

Natalie-A DIVA in training. I have to admit I am at fault for some of this. She has been dying to do a beauty pageant. She has always been very girly! Well, she is getting her wish. She will be doing the beauty pageant in Shamrock, TX. She is beside herself with excitement!! While she was getting her hair and make-up done by Whitney, I mentioned I would not go as far as getting her flippers-fake teeth-but I would get her eyebrows waxed. She jumped on the opportunity!! I told her we could go together, but it really hurts!! She said,"Mom, you go first and let me know how much it hurts." I said,"Sweetie, I get my eyebrows done all the time, it hurts. It will make your eyes water. Remember getting your ears pierced?" Natalie's response,"Well....I am strong, I can handle it." Talk about beauty hurts!!!

Patrick-Wow, talk about a grower!! He is doing really well in Pre-K this year! I am really proud of him! It is tough for him to not be with mom, or maybe it is the PS3 and Wii he misses. But most morning he proudly trudges into the school and starts another day! His Uncle Kevin picks him up on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Much to Patrick's delight. Unfortunately for me, Kevin has introduced some bad habits. Upon leaving the school on Wednesday of last week, Patrick announces a stop to Easy's Pop Shop. I told him no we were not going there. He told me Kevin takes me there and he is the best uncle in the world. He thought a moment and then said and you are the worst mom in the world because you won't take me there. LOL! I assured him if that makes me the worst mom in the world, he hasn't seen anything yet!!

Joel-He is still working at Titan. He is a machinist now and likes it! As for being a police officer, well the drop in pay is not very attractive! After I graduate, he might look more seriously for a job in that field, but I am trying to get him to go back to school to become a coach. He really knows his sports!

Me-Ahhh...busy!!! With 1 husband, 4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 fish-which I forgot to feed this morning-and 12 hours of classes and 2 days a week in Canyon, I don't really have much time for anything else. If you have been to my house, you would see first hand!!! Life is crazy busy, but even if I were not in school, I have a feeling I would be busy regardless. Life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't read Philip's update, too dark. Love the update. Sure love y'all!

    ReplyDelete